Sunday, March 8, 2009

17 Weeks


I am 17 weeks, just about 2.5 weeks until Mary Anne is here and we get to see our first glace of the baby at the ultrasound. (Hopefully we get to find out the sex too, cross your fingers that the little guy, or girl cooperates) I am feeling good, still very tired at the end of the day, but no other complaints. Here is the latest picture taken by Geoff. (Don't worry I put a sweater on over the clear white shirt before going in public, but I wanted you all to be able to see the growing bump) The baby is now the size of a turnip or hockey puck.


So we decided to take our first step to get ready for baby - we made a trip to Portland to visit the baby superstore, Babies R Us. At first we were a little overwhelmed, but we slowly went though all the aisles checking out all the baby gear. We started a registry and even found a crib we both liked. (Yes it's black, I know a little weird, but I am not a fan of wood tones, and the walls at the apartment are white, so I think black will look nice) We had a great time and even went to my favorite restaurant Chevy's (Not in Eugene) before heading home. (Geoff is doing a great job of catering to his preggo wife's needs:) All the strollers, diaper bags, bottles, and car seats took it out of Geoff, so I drove some of the way home while he took a cat nap. Any advice you have as far as which bottles, strollers, diapers are the best etc, let us know, we are open to suggestions. I do have a book that is great, Baby Bargains, that rates all the nursery needs and helped us pick out lots of our stuff.

On a different note, Jackson's art work had been returned to us after being on "loan" by the Enterprise Rent-A-Car art gallery. (We have a wall at work where employees kids, nephews, etc can paint pictures and they are hung for all to see) Geoff and I are excited to have it on our walls, but i have to admit, i really enjoyed seeing it everyday at work so i could think about my favorite nephew. If you can't interpret baby art, this is clearly the work of a genius!



Random pic of Geoff and Larry having a morning pow wow:)

1 comment: