Monday, February 23, 2009

15 weeks

I am coming home! No not permanently yet, but for a visit! There was a cheap deal on Travelocity, so I booked it. I hope some of you will be around, but at this point I would be happy just seeing the Arch. So I will be home April 28-May 6th! This will be a solo trip, Geoff is staying back to watch Larry and work, but he will be making his own trip home a little later for Collin’s bach party, so you will get to see him soon too. ( I am pushing for before July, I am grounding him to Eugene anytime within 6 weeks of my due date)

Baby update! We went to the doctor today. I am 15 weeks 2 days! Just a million more weeks to go. (This is good, because besides doing lots of reading, we have not begun to prepare for baby’s arrival. Decorating is not my thing, so if anyone wants to visit and design and nursery, the invitation is out there…) We heard the baby’s heartbeat – it was 150 bpm. The doctor said that is perfect. They took some blood and we were on our way. (Quad screening – cross your fingers everything in normal) This appointment wasn’t so exciting, but we did get to set up the big one – the ultrasound! We will go back on March 25th to find out what the alien is – I can’t wait! Geoff is warming up to the idea of finding out what it is before its born, and then we can start focusing on some names. (I think it’s a boy, and yes the name we pick might be a little weird; I prefer to call it uncommon, but you might have to wait until it’s born to find out the name, we have to have one secret! We also don’t have any names picked out anyway yet) Also one more plug to get some visitors out to Oregon. They let me have 2 people in the room when we find out what it is, since Larry is not allowed, it will just be Geoff and I, which leave space for one more person– ok I will leave everyone alone now.

My bump size is still the same. Some clothes fit, some don’t. I will put some pictures up on the blog this week. I have gained a total of 5 pounds. Oh for Stephanie and others that are interested– The baby is now the size of an apple. The legs are growing longer than its arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. (the website I get updates from assumes it’s a girl)

Have a great week. We are taking bets on what everyone thinks it is. (I think Geoff thinks it’s a girl – me a boy)

No comments:

Post a Comment